Just Me
I have breasts. I have a vagina.
That’s how god created me
I am not special. I am just a woman
I am tender. Like our mothers for years glorified.
I can wield a knife. Or throw a profanity
I am not special. I am just a woman
I cry when I’m sad. In fury and in joy
I lose the plot often. Anger’s like my second skin
I am not special. I am just a woman
Life’s my easel. I paint love and joy
I can hold you when you are down. And hold on to a grudge.
I am not special. I am just a woman
I have tasted disappointments. Spat them like seeds
But will not abandon my dreams or boast of my wins
I am not special. I am just a woman
I relish my chastity. And celebrate my orgasms
But a womb is definitely not my definition
I am not special. I am just a woman
I don’t want a pedestal. A trophy. Or a medal
Neither the taste of blood, insult or hurt
I am not special. I am just a woman
I hate veils. Taboos. And taunts
Make me no bait. Nor a goddess nor saint
I am not special. I am just a woman
Culture’s not my burden. Religion’s not my shackles
Family’s not my fence. Fear’s not my noose
I am not special. I am just a woman
The sky is mine too. The seas and the trees
Darkness and light. Every street, every nook
I am not special. I am just a woman
I give. I grab. I win. I sacrifice
Power’s my booze. Booze my right
I am not special. I am just a woman
I am in control. Often lost in mood swings
I can steer the ship. Also ask for help
I am right. I am perfect. I am wrong and guilty
I make mistakes. And correct your flaws
Let me just breathe
Take my dues.
And leave my footprints
I am not special. I am just a woman
No comments:
Post a Comment