Monday, November 30, 2020

I Am Feeling Good

What hit me first when I heard this song by Nina Simone is her powerful voice oozing badass attitude. That in itself made me visualize her standing tall on a grand stand, hands akimbo, her long locks flowing freely and wild in the mild wind blowing around, proclaiming to everyone that she has now taken on a new life – one where she has not a care in the world. I could see her, eyes closed projecting an inviolable aura of confidence, boldness and power.

But as the lyrics unraveled, I could see myself strolling amongst the giant trees and wild green, unpruned shrubs with bright and fragrant flowers – many withered and fallen without a care on the muddy ground. With a calm smile that did not intend to impress or express but just feel the scene I was breathing in, I was communing with the squeaking Eagles, the melodious Mynahs, the fresh green Parrots, the fork tailed Drongos, the magnificent bluish-green Purple Sunbirds and the white necked Hawks. 

As I waited patiently for minutes facing the east, the sun, whose grandeur I was allowed to experience only during the dawn and dusk, peeked silently and slowly from behind the grey and bright white clouds – first teasing and delighting me with his pinkish orangish hues and then tantalizing me with his glorious golden white glow. He was swathing me in large streams of happy energy and in that moment of perfect bliss, I realized:

No one else matters. Nothing else matters. All that counts is me.
I have the entire cosmic universe inside of me.

The beauty, wonder, bliss and power of the cosmos lies within me.

I don’t need any crutches, any external influence or motivation to awaken the energies inside me and realize my true potential and purpose.

All I must do is look within to experience the eternal communion with the unending, untainted and unperishable cosmos. I am the cosmos.

Oh yes, And I am feeling good!

No comments: