Monday, January 7, 2019

I died today


First a little, then a little more, and then completely.

I think what’s left of me right now is a light and dreamy soul, completely forgetful of reality. A blissful spirit, yearning to listen to her again and again and again.

The bosses and workload and deadlines, the EMIs and bills and coursework, the career plans and confusions and goals: they have all gone pop out of the world!  (at least for today)

Exaggeration? May be. 
Am gone nuts. No doubt. 
Need to snap out of this state? Definitely.

With her voice, style and feeling, Roberta Flack manages to flash before my eyes all my life's milestones and memories that never fail to move me even after so many years. I have no clue if her Killing Me Softly has made a similar impact on anyone else.

But this second, if Roberta is before me, I might hug and kiss her, and cry!  

No comments: