Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Like the Sea

I’m pretty sure the sea revels in herself, in all her various avatars, 
and in every situation in her life.

I imagine her at peace with herself while the fishermen search her lap for food
or when men, women and little pesky kids enjoy her waves 
and the cool breeze playing across her heart.

Wouldn't she be proud of herself when huge ships traverse across miles and miles 
of her large, mesmerizing body!

The sea is not complaining even while she’s left in solitude 
with just the skies or a stray bird for company.

She must be enjoying being rough and violent, 
retaliating against humanity who pollute her,
just as much as she cherishes being calm and serene.

With all my unpredictability and volatility, I want to be like the sea. 

The sea who never hesitates to roar and lash out in anger
as well as whisper lilting stories of brave fishermen and mystical sea creatures.

No comments: