Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I Am Enough


(a midweek, uninspired rambling.....)

A head full of ideas. A heart fired by ambition. A soul filled with grace and faith.
I am all it takes to stay afloat. And atop. 
I don’t need another for inspiration.

My experience empowers me to take on any battle.
My skills equip me to handle any challenge.
My faith helps me conquer any peak.

I am my own enemy. My insecurities. My fears and phantoms.
All I need to do is quell these demons.
Drop my huge baggage and get going.

Surge ahead or inch forward.
But no looking back.

I don’t need any props. No cues. No obsessions or distractions.
All I need is my own intuitions. My wisdom to think with clarity.
Do what it takes to keep moving.

Without an iota of doubt. Without fear.
Without another’s suggestions clouded by his or her own prejudices.

I have my own victories to fall back on. My own mistakes to keep me in check.   
My heart and head, my faith and strength.
Not another’s ideas. Not another’s bias.

I am all I need.
I am more than enough.


No comments: